Rigorous Decision Analysis
Are you trying to get your Board or Senior Leadership Team to make a complex, high-stakes decision?
- Do you feel like there’s no way to make a decision that will satisfy all your stakeholders?
- Are you worried about being trapped in a contract — forced to use a product that doesn’t work for you?
- Do you feel like you aren’t sure what questions to even ask?
Imagine your Board or SLT agreeing with your recommendation and giving you the green light.
- Imagine your stakeholders saying “I can understand why you made that decision, even if I don’t fully agree with it.”
- Imagine being confident you got the right product, the right vendor, at the right price, with the right contract terms.
- Imagine knowing the exact questions to ask, to get you to a great decision.
Deliver your recommendation with confidence, with a Rigorous Decision Analysis.
There is a formula for making complex decisions — the SOCRR model (pronounced “soccer”). Boards and Senior Leadership love this when it’s done well, because the decision becomes easy with the right context.
- Situation — Why do we have to make a decision at all?
- Options — What choices do we have? (“Do nothing” is an option, of course — just not a very attractive one.)
- Comparison — How do the options compare to one another? (Apples-to-apples, and making sure to weigh the most important factors most heavily.)
- Recommendation — Here’s what we recommend, given all the information we have today.
- Request — You (the Board or SLT) have all the information. Now what are you going to do?
Here’s how it works
Over a 2-4 week period, I’ll work with you and your team to deliver a Rigorous Decision Analysis to your decision-making body.
- Your stakeholders will feel heard, because we’ll focus the analysis on the things they care about.
- You’ll make a confident recommendation, because we’ll do the legwork to make sure you’re comparing the most important features of each option, apples-to-apples.
- Your decision-makers will understand the analysis, because we’ll use simple language even if the decision has technical elements.
- You’ll get a polished, professional 5-7 slide deck you can present to your Board or SLT.
- I’ll continue to support your team until the decision is made, up to 90 days.
If you can show that you’ve done your research, and that you’ve made a thorough, apples-to-apples comparison, focused on the most important factors, the decision will be easy at the end of the day. I can help you and your team get there.
Ready to get started?
How much money are you leaving on the table by maintaining the status quo? I can help you get back on track with a Rigorous Decision Analysis. One flat fee: $9,500. No surprises.
Applying takes less than 5 minutes. You’ll answer three questions and then book a call with me. No charge for the call. After the call, you can decide whether a Rigorous Decision Analysis is right for you.
I’m Adam Lorton
I’m a management consultant focused on helping healthcare executives solve expensive data problems.
If you’re stuck on a complex decision instead of serving your patients and clinicians, I’m here to help. I never take money from vendors, so I’m free from conflicts of interest.
If that sounds like what you’re looking for, scroll up.